Categories

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stuffed Chicken & Watermelon Water...

Last night I decided to make a meal I have made before, that was a BIG hit!
One day I randomly thought of the idea of smashing chicken breasts thin
stuffing them with anything and everything!
(Im sure there is an easier way of doing it then what I do! :P) 
So last nights chicken was simply stuffed with carrots and onion!
So I start by taking 6 chicken breasts..
Putting each one in an individual large ziplock bag..
and smashing them between two cutting boards haha..
Like I said...probably an easier way of doing this than what I do!
 ____________
I then saute onions and carrots in a little butter.
Then I take each smashed chicken breast,
and put a LITTLE layer of mayo,
a little later of bread crumbs,
around 1 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese,
and then a GOOD tbsp of the sautéed carrots and onions.
Then I roOoOoll each one up!!

I then put each stuffed chicken breast into one large baking dish.
Pour over 1 cup of chicken broth. 
Put all the extra sautéed carrots and onions over top.
Put about 3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese over top of that. 
Then the rest of the bread crumbs - approx. 1 cup.
Then sprinked the final product with 3/4 cup of honey roasted pecans!
Mmm Mmm!
Then bake it at 375 for 45-60 min!
(Below: When the dish is done baking, its nice & golden brown on top!)

There is a delicious place called Chopped Leaf, where I got the fabulous idea of putting any kind of fruit in water, to make drinking water a little more FUN! 
 I have done fruit like:
Pineapple - Apple - Oranges - Pear - Plum - Kiwi - Lemon - Lime - Grapes 
and last night was...
WATERMELON! 
So delicious..

Definitely recommend this meal! 
:) 

6 comments:

  1. Have you thought of being a chef?! YUM I'm definitely going to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if I could cook all day, everyday lol! But its def. fun coming up with creative cooking ideas! I want to try grandmas perogies one of these days!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH & let me know how your meal turns out when you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serena! I'm so proud of you! I hope you'll come up with some more great dinner ideas - you know how much I hate trying to figure out what to have every night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous25.11.11

    Wow! Can I be your husband to! I'm so inspired by your cooking ideas! I'm gonna try this one out! <3 Maralee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Aunty! Yes I remember lol ill try n come up with some more ideas :P miss you!

    haha oh maralee. rather then you having to be my husband, ill just cook for you when you come visit! ;)

    ReplyDelete